Wednesday, February 27, 2008

First Assignment

A Novel by J.D. Salinger. Was first published in the U.S. in 1951. This novel has been frequently challenged in its home country for its liberal use of profanity & portrayal of sexuality and teen angst.
Originally published for adults, the novel has become a common part of high school & college curricula throughout the English-speaking world; it has also been translated into almost all of the world's major languages. Around 250,000 copies are sold each year, with total sales of more than 65 million.
The novel was chosen by Time magazine as one of the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to the present.
The novel's protagonist, Holden Caulfield, has become an icon for teenage rebellion and defiance. Written in the first person, The Catcher In The Rye follows Holden's experiences in NYC in the days following his expulsion from Pency Prep, a college preparatory school.

4 comments:

Danny Pribula said...

booorrringg!

Mr. Downing said...

Wow Jetzabel, nicely done. I actually just started reading that book too, and now I feel like I know so much more about it. Thanks

J.T.D. said...

hmm sounds like you followed the copy/paste technique :)

Kiersten said...

Hahah I like what JT said....
=]
I've never read that book tho Jetz.
Tell me how it is. AND let me borrow you book please...
THe Book Of Bright Ideas..? yeahh..?
That one tho.
Let me borrow it. PLease.